Via ZDNet, Google Calendar Beta is now publically available for testing. Login with your Google account (which everyone has at least one these days).
- Wow! -- cool Ajax/DHHTML app.
- Well integrated other Google services, especially Google mail.
- You can have multiple calendars, importing public calendars, and access friends' calendar.
- Public calendar can be external in iCal format. Now where's my list of iCal subscriptions?
- You can also get your events in RSS feed. It might be good to rebuild another calendar from incremental changes in the feed, without downloading the entire iCal.
- You can share your calendar with everyone, or specific individuals. You can also share only the busy/free time without the event details.
- Notification can be either email or SMS -- too bad SMS is only supported by the carriers in the states.
- It's can't be a Google app without search -- nice event search capability.
So far pretty impressed. Just one thing I need -- write in iCal format to a WebDAV server, so that those who are not on Google Calendar can also subscribe to my calendar, and it also provides simple synchronization for apps like Sunbird/Lightning.