10 more hours to go before the announcement, and I would really like to see:
- Google branded StarOffice!
- Google services integrated into the office suite.
- OpenDocument being declared as the "Internet Standard", regardless what legacy system (read "MS Office") you are using on your desktop.
- Everyone wants to upgrade to StarOffice/OpenOffice.org and update their "legacy files" to the new "Internet Standard".
- International "dump ya Word file" day a huge success.
- Microsoft is now forced to export OpenDocument from their still-proprietary MS Office suite.
- Microsoft got driven out of from the desktop office suite market.
Well, in my dream (but I hope it is not). I have just wasted a day debugging a conversion issue between ODT and WW8. My day will be much much more productive if everyone is using OpenDocument format.
David Smith has the rumour summarised.