Wah lah. The money I paid for my 900Mhz G3 iBook less than a year ago can now buy me a 1.33Ghz 12" Powerbook with 60Gb hard drive and AirportExtreme built in, according to the latest Apple Shop price update! And the entry level 12" iBook now costs merely AUD$1,695, which also includes a 1Ghz G4 processor, Radeon 9200 GPU and AirportExtreme capable. Who told me that Mac's keep their value well?
Here's the updated iBook & Powerbook just released, with their AUD$ price.
|iBook 12"||1Ghz||256Mb||30Gb||ATI Radeon 9200||Combo||A$1,695|
|Powerbook 12"||1.33Ghz||256Mb||60Gb||NVIDIA GF Go5200||Combo||A$2,599|
|Powerbook 15"||ATI Radeon 9700||Combo||A$3,299|
- All Powerbook comes with AirportExtreme - no $199 rip off anymore!
- 14" 1.2Ghz iBook also comes with AE, but optional on other iBook models.
- All models come with iLife and GarageBand!
- Max. memory for iBook and 12" Powerbook is 1.25Gb and 2Gb for 15" and 17" Powerbook - which means it takes the 1Gb stick into consideration.
- SuperDrive an option on 14" iBook - was it like this before?
- Just noticed that iBook has S-Video output connector bundled. I actually have to pay for it myself.
Well. Well done Apple. Now we just need a faster G5 and an updated iMac :)