Some links for boring Friday.
Before that, here's my attempt on Friday Five this week. I can foresee a busy weekend incoming. Too many things to do...
- What was the last song you heard?
Sweet Child O' Mine of GnR
- What were the last two movies you saw?
Haven't seen any movie this year!!! Last two I've seen are M&C: The Far Side of the World and LoTR: Return of the King.
- What were the last three things you purchased?
Can't really remember this one. Probably the tools I need for wall tiling, tiles themselves, and the adhesives (revealed from the credit card statement).
- What four things do you need to do this weekend?
- Prepare for next Friday's talk at MBFri.
- Mow the lawn tomorrow morning.
- Finish tiling (hopefully).
- Check out 2nd hand couches.
- Who are the last five people you talked to?
Definitely the five colleagues I have in the office. Just that I cannot be sure which five...
Want more exposure for your blog site? SEO would tell you to get yourself listed on as many directories as possible (well, not the dodgy ones that you might get penalised). Try RSSTop55 that has a guide to top 55 directories and search engines that you can submit your blog site to. Tips from LivingRoom.
I wonder whether night owl code monkeys are the ones least likely to catch diabetics.
Linux vs. FreeBSD
Simon Hackett, Internode's MD, commented on why they switched from FreeBSD to Linux on their servers. Any FreeBSD zealots want to comment on that? However, at the end Simon pointed out that it is a common problem with Open Source software - support from hardware vendor is still lacking.
Interesting Postfix guides for setting up email servers.
- Email System for the Home Network on Gentoo forum. Step by step to get you started.
- SecuritySage's Postfix Anti-Spam/Anti-UCE Guide. Very comprehensive in setting up Postfix against spams/viruses with all kinds of techniques.
Is it going to far? Apparently in Singapore, it is your duty to procreate (got this link from ::musings::), not that you can raise godly children, nor is it about God's mission for humanity in Genesis 1:28, but it is for your country!! You would be regarded as a loser, a shame to the society, a scum to your nation, if you are married but have no desire for kids. Maybe they should be fined by publicly doing community service. That would surely discourage those face-seeking Asians.
At the end it is just government's plot to slow down the ageing community, so that it does not need to provide that much pension allowance in the future. Well done Singaporeans! We solute you.