A series of articles comparing Calvinism and Arminianism written by Tim.
- An Introduction To Calvinism & Arminianism - giving some introductory and background information on Calvinism and Arminianism, and how do they relate to the Christianity and church today.
- An Introduction To Calvinism & Arminianism (Part 2) - Bible-backed explanation of TULIP - what Calvinists believe.
- An Introduction To Calvinism & Arminianism (Part 3) - Bible-backed explanation of what Arminianists believe. Basically rebukes of TULIP.
- An Introduction To Calvinism & Arminianism (Part 4) - Side to side comparison on these two believes.
- An Introduction To Calvinism & Arminianism (Part 5) - Author's conclusion on the comparison. Even though he believed that Calvinism has the correct theology, both Calvinism and Arminianism agreed on the sufficiency of salvation, which is in Jesus Christ.
Personally I found it very interesting. Usually at FOCUS, a church that has its theology closer to the Calvinism end of spectrum, we were taught that Arminianists do not believe in TULIP but in Daisy - "God loves me, God loves me not. God loves me, God loves me not...". However part 3 of this series actually details how Jacobus Arminius defended his theology, which summarises into 5 points:
- Free Will (vs. Total Depravity)
- Conditional Election (vs. Unconditional Election)
- Universal Atonement (vs. Limited Atonement)
- Obstructable Grace (vs. Irresistible Grace)
- Falling from Grace (vs. Perseverance of the Saints)