URL Absolutifier changes all relative URLs in posts to absolute URL, to make the entries work in feed readers that don’t work with relative URLs.
I wrote this small plugin because I frequently use relative links in my posts (less typing, more portable), however images and internal links do not work in some feed readers, most notably Bloglines. This plugin basically acts as a content filter, scanning for relative links in blog posts, and converts them into absolute URLs using post’s permalink as base URL. Note that it only changes URLs in feeds.
urljoin function is shamelessly ripped off from Python’s
- Download: URL Absolutifier Plugin 1.0 (PHP, 3.6kb, 2007-02-19)
- Download: URL Absolutifier Plugin 1.0 (ZIP, 1.3kb, 2007-02-19)
- Subversion Repository: svn.fucoder.com/fucoder/url-absolutifier/
- Download the plugin file, and unzip the file.
- Upload “url-absolutifier.php” to your WordPress’
- Activate the “URL Absolutifier” plugin in your WordPress admin page.
Feel free to contact me if you have any question regarding this WordPress plugin.
- 1.0 (2007-02-19)
- First release.